- We can teleport instantly across any distance and fly over any obstacle.
- In a matter of moments we can change our clothes, shape, skin, gender and even species.
- We can meet, fall in love with, fuck, partner, grow tired of and finally abandon people from all over the world, all in one day. (Okay, slight exaggeration.)
Mere words account for a fraction of meaningful content in face-to-face human communication. According to one researcher:
- 7% happens in spoken words.
- 38% happens through voice tone.
- 55% happens via general body language.
The intentionality factor has a lot to do with the problem of trust in SL. Gone are the unconscious communication channels that are more genuine than words. If two people talk face to face, and one person fakes a laugh, it's easy to spot. How can you discern a bogus :) ? You can't.
That's all for now. More to come.